Thursday, April 16, 2009

This is your official invitation.

A week from today, on Thursday, April 23rd at 6 PM in Public Space One just off the ped mall in the basement of the Jefferson building in Iowa City, IA, there will be a fundraiser/dinner/reading/closing/gathering/opportunity for you to take home a souvenir for a very minimal donation.

I have been teetering between spelling it out and playfully obscuring this said event of April 23rd, but if you're here, reading this, you have earned a spot at the table. The event I am promoting (along with this blog) is the closing ceremony for my art exhibit, Interior Artifacts. I have inhabited this space for the majority of this month and have used this time to create effigies I am willing to sacrifice for a small charity offering to the gallery (sugg. donation $1-3).

In a couple of days I will release the schedule of events for the evening which promise to be fulfilling, enlightening, and succinct (unlike this plethora of rhetoric leading up to the event).

Thank you for your interest and I look forward to a casual and celebratory gathering.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home