Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Evidence

So much is so small now.

Minor:

I recorded the Obama Victory speech over an old VHS copy of Dr. Strangelove.

I wrapped my sister's birthday present in Saran Wrap.

A woman is a woman and masculin feminin by Godard as viewed by me in the year 2008.

Who judges the battle between taste and tackiness?

I went to see Twilight and kind of liked it. The closing credits ran over Radiohead's 15 steps (which was completely out of place yet always good to hear on a loud sound system in a dark room).

I called this post evidence because of what Mysterious Student Z said about my recent ziplocked photos.

I started to write this in order to clarify those thoughts.

Although I never clarify anything through this blog. I just add more to that which demands clarification.

Like why I liked Twilight.

I think it has to do with the vampires being made out of sparkles.

Or the fact that I'm hardly older than my son and can still enjoy a movie aimed at thirteen year olds (even after all my critical theory in the visual arts).

By the way, what's the point of videotaping anything anymore?

And who am I talking to?

Please remain invisible.

2 Comments:

Blogger Josh said...

What's the point of videotaping? This is something I have thought long and hard about this past few weeks. Videotaping once was a person's way of archiving. But if you wanted to see the Obama Victory speech, you could watch it online in a near infinite amount of places. But you wouldn't OWN it. Why do I drag pictures to my hard drive that I think are cool or funny, knowing full well I will likely never look at them again. Videotaping, and VHS has a lot to do with ownership. Physical ownership. At least that's what I've been thinking. Although, it's interesting, while you do own something on VHS, it's a lot harder to put it into editing software and manipulate it.

November 30, 2008 at 10:04 AM  
Blogger sarahk said...

You are waaaay too practical, Josh.

December 1, 2008 at 11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home