Sunday, November 23, 2008

I Reminisce about Fantasyland

Around the turn of the century, during a time span of several years, I lived in Fantasyland. I worked at a cinema there, first as a ticket-taker and later as a projectionist. The pay was shit, but the work was negligible, and hey, I had made it to Fantasyland.

My hobby back then was writing rap songs and hanging at the park with my boys. I mean, literally, my boys: two young sons. While I filled notebooks with dope lyrics, I never fully launched my hip-hop career. I began taking photos instead.

The cool thing about Fantasyland is that it is always everything you want it to be. I became a photojournalist working for the local underground paper shooting the thriving experimental music scene. I was my own boss and everything I shot was awesome.

And that's just one memory from Fantasyland.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home